I went for a walk at lunchtime on Monday. This time I tried just walking around the block that my building's on, so I didn't have the annoyance of waiting to cross the road. Each lap took about 8 mins (I did 2). There're some downhill and uphill bits. It's not perfect - there were still tons of people on the streets, meaning I couldn't go too fast and I had to look out not to run into anyone. But's an option, at least. I'm still finding that, by the time I finish work, I'm completely exhausted, so going for a walk at lunchtime is pretty much my only option.
I'm still trying to find an app for recording my exercise, that I'm happy with. Most of the ones I've seen seem to be to guide you through a workout. But what I'm looking for is one that you can log exercise you have done and refer back to it later. I downloaded one last night which I thought would be good. It calculates the calories you burned, and it has a calendar that has a big green tick every day that you exercised to your goals. The only problem is - you can't go back into it to see what exercise you did, how many repeats, etc. All you can see is the tick. Which is nice, but not really helpful. I'd need to have a second app/spreadsheet/etc to record the details, and the minute you duplicate, the fun goes out the window. So, even though I spent $1.99 on the app, I probably won't use it. I just wish I could write my own app, or say to the developers, "just add this and it'll be perfect for me" and they would actually listen.
*sighs*
OK, enough whingeing.
♥ having 4 days off over Easter!
♥ finishing some of my craft projects!
♥ building up my energy so I can exercise more, have more energy, etc!
♥ seeing my friends at various events in the next few months!
♥ spending a night away in the country next month!
♥ washing my hair! (yeah, I'm kinda sad like that)
♥ watching my favourite TV show which starts in just under half an hour!
♥ doing my arm toning while watching my favourite TV show!
♥ eating my chocolate portion after my toning!
♥ the weekend and sleeping in!
♥ trying out my new hama beads kit on the weekend!
I could go on and on, and that's actually pretty cool. (What I'll do when I retire??) I checked in this morning and things are looking all right! Since the start of March, I've lost:
weight: -0.6kgs
chest: -1.6cm
waist: -0.5cm
hips: -2cm
thigh: -4cm
Wow! Yes, the weight is not really that much, but the measurements are more important, and they're all lower! Very exciting! Sometimes I get so frustrated that it's not happening faster, it's not happening now, but I know I have to be patient. Seeing results makes me encouraged to continue.