30 December 2011

App of Wisdom!

Today's the last working day of the year for me. Strange. This year has gone so quick. So much has happened, yet nothing has happened. I'll save the maudlin reflections for another time, perhaps.
At the moment I'm busy planning my little New Year's Eve Party / Anniversary Dinner / Night-In that Boy and I have every year. I'm planning 3 courses with 2 entrees and 2 desserts. It's not as spectacular as it sounds. The main is nachos - easy! - and most of the other stuff I can make ahead of time and stick in the fridge. Boy is taking care of the drinks. Then all we have to do is line up our DVD queue for the night and we're all set!
Yes, we're boring.

The weather's going to be hot next week, so I might have to limit my exercise options to indoor-only. That's fine with me though, more reason to keep practicing with my Zumba game! I've decided to revive my running programme for next year. It's a dream of mine to be able to run (or jog at least!). I mentioned on my blog a while back, that I checked out the various Couch to 5km programmes that are out there. Well, my fitness level isn't good enough to do even Step 1 of any of them! Step 1 involves intervals of running/jogging for 90 seconds per interval (if my memory serves me correctly). I can't do that straight away! They're billed as a programme that anyone can do! What a load of rubbish! Instead of getting all depressed and down on myself, I decided to stick it to 'em and create my own programme! I called it the Bed to Couch programme (B2C). The objective is to start with walking 20mins (Level 0), then interval training starting with 10 seconds jogging alternating with walking (Level 1), then finally working up to the level where the Couch to 5km starts. I worked on it a for bit last summer until I got sick and everything slid back downhill again. I think now is a good time to revisit it.

Here's today's quote from my "App of Wisdom":

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill.
Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.