15 August 2011

New and Fun!

We got a Kinect on the weekend! It's so fun. Spent about an hour on it on Sat, and a couple of hours on Sun. I was ducking, jumping, dancing, flapping my arms. Got all sweaty and thirsty. I was exercising without even realising it! It's fantastic! I was getting a bit bored with exercising lately. Walking, more walking, DVDs I've done so many times before. I thought about joining a gym (there's a Curves about half a block from me), going to Zumba classes, buying more DVDs - but I'm a bit short on money at the moment, and most of those seem like ongoing expenses. I know what you're thinking! The Kinect cost a lot of money, too! But it's something Boy and I can both enjoy together, we can use it indoors, any time. Also, he got it on sale, and it came with 4 games, which is enough to keep us going for ages. Plus I think it's a psychological thing, too. When we're playing the game, it's a game (yay!), not exercising (ugh). Anyway, enough with justifying my actions for today!

Looking back at my Tracker for last week, I had a pretty topsy-turvy week. Didn't do very well in my focus of drinking more water, in the end. Remembered to refill my water bottle most days, didn't end up drinking the water. My mind's just been on other things. So I'll put that back on the drawing board for a future focus. As for everything else, I started out well on Monday, as usual, but then was pretty half-hearted the rest of the week. e.g. having homemade dip, but with pizza shapes instead of vegetable sticks. Last weekend we were too busy go shopping for all the things we needed for the week (like vege sticks!), and then I didn't get around to getting any after work during the week. A bit of pre-planning can make the rest of the week so much easier, and healthier. Lesson learned. (Or re-learned actually, cos I've done that many times before! :) )

Anyway, I'm going to make my Focus this week: lights out at 10pm every night. I have a tendency to go to bed late. (Last night for example, there was a good movie on and I stayed up til it finished at 11pm. Ooops!) Even if I do get to bed at 10pm, I tend to sit up reading for a while. I have a feeling this week is going to be a stressful week. Well, it has been so far, hopefully it'll get better! But getting enough sleep can't do me any harm, right?

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au