22 March 2011

Breakfast

1.07pm - Well, having McDonalds for breakfast is a sure-fire way to use up most of your kjs for the day! Boy and I met up for breakfast, cos with both of our working hours at the moment, that was about the only time we'll get to spend with each other for a few days. So it was like a treat, I guess. Though I try not to see food as a 'treat' anymore, it's hard to break that habit. This morning, I caught myself thinking, "grrrr, if I end up having to [do stressful thing] this morning, then I'm going to buy some chocolate this afternoon!" I have to learn to take a deep breath and separate the stress from the food. Turns out I didn't have to do [stressful thing] after all, so I don't get the chocolate! :) In all that rush and flurry, I forgot to eat my boiled egg this morning. So I won't be able to tell if it's working. My food planning this week has been a complete shambles. I didn't go to the supermarket so I don't have any fresh food. I've got some rice salad from last week in the freezer, so that's something, at least. I'm on late shift today, but I could still go to the supermarket after work. I'd just have to stop myself from buying unhealthy comfort foods cos I'm feeling sorry for myself! The way my local is set up - the very first aisle next to the fruit and vege display is the chocolate and lollies aisle! So unfair! But I'm usually pretty good at resisting because I think about other people seeing my purchases all laid out on the conveyor belt at the check out, and how embarrassed I'd be if there were any chocolate or cakes there! That's probably not a very good way of discouraging myself from buying unhealthy foods, but it works for me.

Last night I didn't feel like exercising, but I convinced myself to do it by thinking that as a reward, I'd watch an episode of Pride and Prejudice :). So I did my DVD: Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds: 2 Mile session. (I have only ever done the 1-Mile before, but I was pretty sure I could do it!) Basically it's a routine where you walk on the spot, and there are different moves like kicks, side steps and some stuff with hand weights to break up the monotony. I had no problem with the length of the 'walk', but some of the leg-lifting moves made my glute muscles pretty sore afterwards. I haven't felt that worked-on in quite a while! It was good!
This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au