23 March 2011

Weigh-In

7.49am - Today being Wednesday (Weigh-In Wednesday!), I decided to weigh myself, even though I'm feeling pretty bloated and the news might not be good. (I didn't have time to take my measurements, so I'll do that tomorrow morning.) In the last 2 weeks, I've lost another 0.1kg. I can't help but feel a bit disappointed, and wonder how long - at this rate - it'll take me to get to my goal. It doesn't bear thinking about!

But I try to stay positive and think - at least I didn't put weight on. I'm feeling pretty lucky, considering I've been doing a lot less exercise than normal in the last few weeks, and there've been days when I just didn't care what I ate. Like last night, for example! I didn't buy anything unhealthy from the supermarket, but I found plenty enough to eat at home that wasn't good for me. That chocolate was just sitting there on the coffee table! What else is a girl to do! Boy put it there on the weekend when we were watching a movie. I'll have to put it away where I can't see it. On the plus side, I did manage to avoid eating it for 3 days! In the old days, it would have all been gone the first time I looked at it. The nutritionist can wang on all she likes about not eating chocolate! But I think that only eating 6 squares, when there were 4 whole blocks sitting there, is evidence enough to me that I'm not treating my body too badly! I know that I've improved a lot. But I'm not making excuses - I do need to be more aware of what I'm eating. I know my danger times - when I'm at home alone, after a stressful day, when I have PMT, etc - and I need to prepare for them.

Last night it was easy not to buy any unhealthy foods. Other times, it's not so easy. Plus I have Boy to think about, too. It wouldn't be fair for him to be deprived. If he wants to have snacks, etc. in the house, he should be allowed to. I don't have a problem with that. It's just when I'm feeling like a brainless eating zombie, the food is just ... there.
However, I'm good at resisting when I think that the food isn't 'mine'. For example, we bought 2 boxes of Hello Panda snacks last week. I ate one box while Boy was at work on the weekend. Therefore the other box is 'His'. It's been sitting on the kitchen bench all that time; I see it all the time, but I haven't eaten it because it's his, not mine. I think about how disappointed he would be if I ate his snack.

Actually, I just had an idea. I'll set up a basket or box, and I'll label it "A's Food". Then he can put whatever he wants in it, and I won't even have to look at it. And he'll know what he can eat without worrying if it's for him or not. And I can put little surprise treats in there from time to time! :)
This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au