01 February 2011

7.43am - Had a bit of a boo-boo again yesterday. Was starving hungry on the way home, and had to stop off to do some chores. Well, I passed by a bakery, didn't I? And they had a sale on, 3 buns for $5! So I had to buy 3 instead of 1. I ate half on the way home, and ate the other half and the cheese croissant at home. Would have eaten the third as well, but it was plain, so I kept it for lunch today. Was feeling pretty emotional as I'd had to hand in the keys for the old flat - very relieved that it's all over, but very sad at the same time. So I turned to the comfort food ... again!
Decided not to regret, and walked to the supermarket to buy the ingredients for my healthy meal plan for this week. Just need to plan, and things seem to go a lot better. Need to eat just before I leave work so I'm not starving when I get home. It feels weird, but it might help.

1.15pm - I love the Intertubes! Here's a list of high-protein, low-fat snacks:
* cottage cheese (low fat) with fruit and chopped almonds
* same with tuna or salmon
* hard boiled eggs; omelette
* beef jerky (lean)
* protein bar or shake (check ingredients)
* lentils or chickpeas in a salad
* peanut butter on multigrain bread
* oatmeal; quinoa
* turkey breast with cottage cheese or on multigrain bread
* tofu in miso soup
* tofu marinated and baked
* tofu pureed with fruit


This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au