31 January 2011

1.07pm - I haven't had internet access from home the last few weeks, so on the weekend I've been writing down my food etc. in a notebook and then entering them in on Monday when I get to work. I just finished entering in last weekend, and I'm absolutely horrified!

Yeah, there was a lot of comfort eating - and drinking. I cracked open the box of Milk Tray and they were all gone by the next day! Then we cracked open the cream-filled biscuits, and they're half-gone now too! Boy and I are both so tired and sore and consequently sad when we look around at our new house filled with boxes and are too tired and hot to do anything about it. But no matter what the weather is, this week has to get back to normal. I have to get back on track or else I'll go nuts. Those thoughts are starting to pop into my head today - "what are you doing to yourself? how could you have done that/eaten that? all your friends are doing so much better than you! you'll never lose weight now!" etc. etc. blech!!

On Friday, something interesting happened. I'd just finished eating chocolates until I felt sick. Boy wasn't home because he was out having drinks with some work friends. I was home alone! Surrounded by boxes. There was still 45 minutes until the tennis started and the last thing I wanted to do was unpack after a busy day at work. I didn't feel like reading or even watching TV. I found myself lying on the couch staring out the window. Sad but true. The idea of going for a walk occurred to me. I laid there umming and aahing. It's a lot of effort, and if I go outside I might run into a new neighbour and I'm so tired I don't think I could cope with a really awkward conversation at the moment. But on the other hand, if I don't go, I'll have nothing to do for the next 45 minutes, I'll feel terrible about myself, I'll feel especially guilty watching those world class tennis players slogging it out after having eaten a whole bunch of chocolate while lying on the couch doing nothing. And I still have to go outside and pick up the mail anyway. So I went! I went faster and further than I thought I would. (Actually that seems to happen to me a lot. Perhaps I should have more faith in myself.) I even changed my original planned route so I could go further! I felt really good about myself afterwards. No, it didn't cancel out all the unhealthy food I ate that day, but it showed me that I can still get some exercise even throughout a tiring and stressful time.

Spent most of the day on Saturday cleaning. And eating and drinking! Wanted to make sure all the cleaning was finished on Sat before the heat and we achieved that. Didn't feel like I ate/drank so much on Sun, but I guess I wasn't thinking straight in the heat.

Back to it this week, and properly!

3.28pm - Been having an email chat with B this afternoon and I have to thank her for motivating me beyond all expectation! Today was going to be a rest day, but I decided to go for a walk after work! Have to hand in the keys to the old flat (yes, finally it's over and the old girl will be gone). No time to be sentimental - I've got things to do! Then have to go to the library and supermarket to buy ingredients for the meals I've planned this week. I'll power-walk around the block a few times on the way. And I'm going to start my Walk/Run Interval Programme this week, too. I may as well! My goal is to do the programme twice a week in February. I'm feeling so good about everything!

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au