21 February 2011

7.20am - Feel exceedingly yakky today. My hayfever is really bad and I'm tired. I'm going out to a birthday dinner tonight, and that's fine. I'm also having lunch with some friends today and I'm really looking forward to it. But it means I'll have no time to exercise today, and that's kind of stressing me out. I wonder if I'd have the energy even if I did have the time, and that's stressing me out too!

Yesterday I finished unpacking all my clothes. I have a bit of a problem because I have about half the cupboard space that I used to in the old place. And I have a lot of clothes that I only wear when I'm in a certain mood, or I'm waiting to feel more confident again. I also have a few pieces that I'm not sure if I like anymore, but I paid a lot of money for them so I don't want to just give them away. And of course a lot that I bought when I was smaller and don't fit me at the moment. In particular there was a large bag of clothes in my suitcase that I'd packed away about 3 years ago and hadn't looked at since. I wasn't looking forward to going through them: I just felt that it would be emotionally hard. But I was feeling good, so I put on some funky music and got to work. I didn't even stop to think. There were a couple that I put in the donation bag straight away, but the rest I really like and I'm looking forward to wearing again. I put them back in the suitcase. I thought this exercise would really depress me, but I found it gave me motivation. A lot of people would probably think that's the wrong thing to do, but to me, letting go of them would mean I was giving up. It would be a declaration that I'm never going to be small enough to fit into them and that would be death to any motivation I have. Next time I open the suitcase, I'm going to take those clothes out and wear them!

Clothes! I love them and I hate them!

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au