24 January 2011

Moved House

9.54am - Well, I've moved house! On Friday, Boyfriend and I both took the day off work and spent all day packing. We were so tired and stressed that we just wanted comfort food. So we had fish and chips for dinner. Wow, I haven't had that for at least 6 months! The chips weren't as good as I remember - a little dry. But perhaps it's a good thing that they weren't overly oily. I have to admit that we got a bit drunk as well. The pressure of having to have everything packed was getting to us. There were a couple of boxes with stuff just thrown randomly in. I still can't find my undies!!
Then we moved house on Saturday. Boy and I helped the movers, so we spent 4 hours lugging stuff and going up and down stairs. After that we were totally stuffed! So we went to McDonalds! We shared a large chips, and I was happy to find that I still can't eat a whole burger. I had to leave half of the bun behind. Even though I'd been absolutely starving beforehand!
Before we moved, I always told myself, don't worry, things will get back to normal after Saturday. I can start eating healthy and get back into exercising again. But on Sunday morning my body ached all over so I could barely walk (it still hurts today). When I looked at all the boxes stacked up in each room and all the furniture higgledy-piggledy, I realised that it would take a bit longer for things to get back to normal! It was a bit of a disappointment.
Foodwise, Sunday was slightly better. We made spaghetti for dinner at home - in our new kitchen! Dessert was doughnuts and tim tams though. Guess we still need that comfort food. Most of what I recorded in my food diary over the weekend was from memory, so I might have missed something. I don't care!!

12.23pm - Starting drinking some stuff I got at the chemist a few weeks ago: Green Coffee. I've read that green coffee is better than roasted coffee because it doesn't have the carcinogens and has more anti-oxidents. This stuff apparently has an appetite suppressant (chromium) and other weight loss aids in it as well. I'm kind of dubious about it. But it tastes fine, and doesn't have many KJs, so surely it can't actually be hurting me. Plus drinking a hot beverage - no matter what's in it - just before a meal will probably act as an appetite suppressant anyway! If I don't see any changes by the time I've finished the packet (there's 18 sachets) then I'll just switch back to normal coffee. It's cheaper! :)

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au