I had about 6 drinks. They say that wine is the healthiest drink, but it gives me a powerful hangover. So I drank spirits, and I feel fine today.
I've always hated the words 'Goals' - so I refuse to use it any more! One of the actions I'm focussing on this month is to fulfill my exercise schedule every day. I first drew up my exercise schedule a few months ago. I'm the kind of person that needs a pre-set plan or it just wont' happen. But with my work being on a fortnightly roster and having appointments etc all over the place, I realised I needed something flexible and suited to my needs. So I drew up a schedule and at first I was doing really well. Then it started to drop away and I began to feel discouraged. Each week started out really well, but by the weekend, I wasn't doing any exercise at all. My motivation was very low. I think this was partly a vicious circle: I felt bad because I didn't fulfill my goals, and I didn't fulfill my goals because I felt bad about myself. But now my motivation is high, so if I can do it long enough for it to become a habit (a month, I hope), I know this will be really important for my progress!
I was thinking about it the other day, and I've thought of something that might help. I'm the kind of person that, before I do anything, I need to know - Why? So I'm going to set aside a space in my exercise schedule each day, with a blurb on why it would be beneficial to do this exercise. e.g. toning routine - because I will be stronger, less likely to injure myself, and with larger muscles I will burn more calories and lose weight more quickly. I know it sounds a little crazy, but whatever works for you, right? In fact, reading that makes me want to get up and do it right now!
P.S. If anyone's reading this and interested in seeing what I made for New Year's Eve, I posted a picture of it in my other blog here:
http://apartmentcat.livejournal.com/231070.html
[copy and paste the address]