28 January 2011

9.20am - Yesterday was another filthy day for eating - just filthy! Pretty much straight after lunch I got cravings for sweet food. It wasn't a particularly stressful day at work, but I still have a lot of cleaning etc to do at the old flat this weekend before I can hand the keys over, so I think that's weighing on my mind. It was so bad I was even willing to eat spoonsful of sugar! In the end had a milo with a Hermesetas tablet. Then someone brought in a tin full of those little butter cookies that you get at Christmas a lot. I sighed in relief! In the end I only ate 3 though - surprised myself there.

Went to the supermarket after work. Got so very hungry on the tram. It was real hunger, not just cravings. Went to the food court and got a bacon and cheese okonomiyaki (pancake) from the Chinese crepe place. Sooo goooood! It was all fatty and oily and cheesy.... oh, I nommed it! Then when I got home I had one of the triple choc muffins that I'd baked last night. Even though I knew there was 6 for me and 6 for boy, so that means we have an uneven number now. Then later on I ate 2 for dessert! Really don't know what's wrong with me lately.

On the plus side, for dinner I made a pasta recipe based on one I found at CK. Added some meat to it (cabanossi sausage) but not a lot and added extra veges, too. Made enough for at least 3 nights, 4 if we have garlic bread with it. Was quite proud of myself that I managed to cook something healthy even though I was very tired. Trying not to complain though, because Boy did even more physical work than me and must be feeling even more sore.

Decided to re-start my exercise schedule next week. I've designed an interim schedule with more days off and less strenuous exercises (e.g. shorter walks) for the first week. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to the normal schedule the week after. Even though my butt (still) hurts right now, I feel pretty confident that I can achieve this! I've been feeling pretty depressed that I've fallen behind my friends in getting healthy, especially with exercise. Even though I have good reason not to keep up with my plans (right now), I still beat myself up. Finding it very strange though, how hungry both Boy and I are, even on days when we haven't been doing a lot of physical work. If it was just me, I'd probably come to the conclusion that I'm just craving due to stress. But it's both of us/ Perhaps our bodies want/need more food to recover from all the work we did, on Sat especially? Hmmmmm

Today I've got extremely bad hayfever and I feel really skanky. My eyes are all puffy and sore; I'm having trouble seeing. Like someone's sprayed me in the eye with fly spray or something! Had to come to work though - my colleague is on leave today. I feel so crap I don't feel like eating anything really. I guess you could see that as a plus! I suppose I should eat something - we have a fundraising BBQ for lunch today, and I don't want to embarrass myself by going in hungry and scarfing down too much food. *sighs*

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au