Then on the way home from work, I became extremely hungry. Maybe I didn't eat enough at lunch? By the time I got home, I was so hungry that my rational brain just switched off. Often I get cravings for savoury foods when I get home from work, like cheese, processed meats, nuts, etc. No-one has been able to tell me why. Add in the fact that I was very hungry, and the Katie Beast emerged! I like to give names to different parts of my personality that I want to work on, and I've had that name in my head for years. I call myself that as a joke when I'm really hungry. I think now, I'll use it to see if it can help me with my cravings. I ate nuts and cheese and a chocolate bar! eugh. I have a plan today though. I have some nuts at work. I'll eat a small amount right before I leave work and see if I'm hungry tonight when I get home.
Looking at my food diary from yesterday was really enlightening. I'd forgotten how many calories there are in things like bread and pasta! It'll help me to organise a more thorough meal plan for next week.