20 June 2017

Weekly Sharing Circle : Last Week's Venting Session


I forgot to post this last week, oops! Catching up....


I'm not doing the full Sharing Circle ritual this week, but I felt a need to check in anyway.

I have become increasingly dissatisfied with everything in the last week. I've been getting headaches again and needing to take painkillers twice a day just to function and not be a horrible person. I really don't like that state of being. I haven't yet been able to quite pin down what the cause is, and it worries me. I've lashed out at my husband a couple of times which makes me feel terrible. Then I have nightmares about things going wrong with our relationship.

I'm not very satisfied with my job at the moment. I thought I'd be working on an archiving project, but I'm increasingly finding myself doing day-to-day operations work. I did that for 8 years and thought I'd moved on. I want to take more ownership of the project but I'm not sure that's appropriate for my role. On the other hand, the people are lovely (only one annoys me and that's only because she's TOO friendly!), the location is great and the pay is also great.

It was a long weekend here in Australia (which is why I'm posting a day late) and my Mum came to stay. She ended up staying 2 nights and we did a lot of fun things together. I really had a lovely time -- and more importantly, she did too! She's been going through a lot the last couple of years, and I'm really glad I could provide a relaxing, fun time for her.

However, it meant I had to give up a lot -- I cancelled my shift at the shop, I couldn't go to yoga, and I didn't have any time to work on art or craft, reading, gardening or KonMari'ing my house. Lately I really feel like my time is being encroached on. Only having (in effect) one day a week to do things I want to do is hard enough.

On the other hand, we went to the Van Gogh exhibition yesterday and ... wow!!! I can't even describe how inspiring it was. That evening I did a drawing of Van Gogh in my Hobonichi using my new pastel blue highlighter. Seeing Wonder Woman the day before was also very inspiring for some female butt-kicking action!

Other things I was really into last week:

- scented candles

- oracle cards and other similar sets of cards

- getting a pocket version of the tao te ching or other inspiring text that I can carry around with me

- anything small that can be carried in the hand and treasured seems to be inspiring at the moment