10 March 2017

March Update

Yes, it's been a while, but the title of this post kind of implies that I'm only planning on posting once a month, which I can assure you isn't the case.

HEALTH STUFF
Did I mention last time that I don't have diabetes? That's nice. My doctor told me the numbers, but I don't really know what they mean. I tried to google it but didn't find much. I don't want to be all like, "dodged that bullet, gonna nom some donuts". I've probably been deluding myself a bit about how healthy I've been eating in the last few years. There's probably a buzzword for it, but I'm the kind of person who tries, but not hard enough to go all the way. (The word "90-percenters" refers to people who are normally careful to throw their rubbish in the bin, but will chuck their cigarette butts just anywhere. I don't smoke and I don't think I'm as high as 90%, but it's a similar concept, I think!)

Anyway, both Husband and I have been thinking more about that kind of thing lately. When I'm not working, I'm conscious to try and make sure I exercise enough. I'm too anxious to walk around the neighbourhood, so I do dance and aerobics videos at home. And gardening. On the occasions that I go into the city, I walk to the train station, which is 1/2 hour walk. I'm quite happy to not leave the house -- at all. Most people find that strange, and a few friends have said to me, make sure you leave the house at least once a day. I don't see the point at all. It doesn't make me stir crazy, or give me cabin fever, or any of those things that are apparently a phenomenon. In fact, I feel happier and less anxious. I'd love to work from home, love it. Though to be honest I'd probably have trouble concentrating and would be a lot more productive in an office environment.

I got quite off-topic there, sorry. Due to [reasons], Husband has been focussing much more on his health this week. He went to the doctor and got all of the medications he should have been taking all this time. We've been talking about how to eat (more) healthy, and exercise. ('More' in my case, 'at all' in his case.) His chronic pain has been preventing him from exercising at all for some years now. He's been referred to an exercise physiologist and isn't even anti about it. Hopefully the pain medication he's on will mean that he can start to move again. Things are looking positive. We talked about going swimming, walking, etc. I like dancing, but there's no way he would get involved in anything like that!

EYEBROWS
This trend for huge, elaborately manicured eyebrows is a bit disturbing to me. They're just ... enormous and pointy and straight with sharp angles. Sometimes, I can't even concentrate on what a person is saying because their eyebrows distract my attention so much. I've always thought my own eyebrows were perfectly fine the way they are. A hairdresser complimented me on them when I was a teenager. But lately I've been looking at them and thinking that they're a bit light, a bit sparse at the ends. It's funny how your perceptions change when you're taking in the things around you, even unconsciously.

WORK
Not yet. Well, I've been made an offer but they're having trouble getting hold of the CEO (apparently he travels a lot) to have the paperwork signed off, so I don't have a start date yet.

It took me longer than I would have liked to find another contract. I don't know if it's a bad time of year, a bad economic climate, or what. When I say "longer than I would like", of course I mean financially in the main. I miss buying stuff. Lifewise though, it's been great spending all my time doing craft, watching youtube videos and creating new dancing playlists to keep me interested. And just in the last few days: younow. It's bizarrely addictive: watching live streams of ordinary people just crapping on. Well, if you can find a good one, for example someone that plays games like Would You Rather and tells dirty jokes, then it's a lot of fun. Geez, I sound like an old person! I thought I was the oldest person on there by far until I saw the hashtag '#oldguy' and had a nice chat with a guy in his 60s about movies and whiskey. I've found it's helped me: watching people interact has helped me feel less distrustful and paranoid about talking to strangers. Most people have been really nice.
I probably won't be able to do it anymore when I have a job. That makes me sad.

RIDICULOUSNESS
I even thought about doing my own live broadcasts on younow. Crazy, huh? But it might be a safe way of 'practicing' social interaction. I could do a Craft & Chat or something like that. There are quite a few singers and dancers on there, but I wondered if other people did craft sessions or perhaps mukbangs. I would be very surprised if there were no mukbangs. But it's hard to find anything on there unless you go through the Trending section or the most popular hashtags. That's the most frustrating thing about it.

The best thing/s that could happen? I'd have a lot of fun, meet people, get fans, or even have people send me money!
The worst thing/s that could happen? People would troll me, I'd get too anxious and flustered reading the comments and talking at the same time. Or, I'd have no-one viewing at all and the whole endeavour would be pointless. At least I'd be making some craft, I guess. And I think I'd be able to handle trolls: I'm mature enough that they wouldn't get to me, and you can always report them.

ANYWAY
That's about it for now really. We got a new bed yesterday and it's amazingly comfortable. So Good! I can turn over now without worrying that I'm waking husband up, and I don't get woken up when he turns over either. He snored a lot less last night, too. Things are looking up!