One of the people whose blogs I read recommended to me the YouTube channel Yoga with Adrienne. She had mentioned it on her blog before, but when I posted about my gwishes for 2017, she commented saying there was a new 31-day practice on that channel which she is doing. It's called Revolution. I decided to give it a go.
Day 1 was about easing into the practice. That was nice. There were a couple of moves I couldn't do, but it didn't bother me too much. I really liked Adrienne's manner and way of speaking. It's very calming, not too giddy, but not too new-agey either.
Day 2 was a lot harder. There were only a couple of moves I could do as-is. Some I could do sort-of, if I modified the moves. Quite a few, I couldn't do at all, so I tried to do easier moves instead. I still enjoyed it, though I wasn't as enthusiastic about it as on Day 1.
Then it was the weekend so I didn't do it for a few days. You receive an email every day of the practice, and before I knew it, I was 3 days behind. I was feeling quite discouraged. This morning, I had Day 3 on my to-do list. When I looked at the email, it said that today would be harder than the previous days. I decided to just watch the video as a preview and then go ahead with it if I felt like I wanted to. Well, there were so many moves that I knew I wouldn't be able to do. Some I might have been able to do with blocks, but I don't have any and can't really justify purchasing any at the moment -- aside from the fact that I'd have to wait for them to arrive if I ordered them online, and I'm not making Husband drive me to the shops just to buy yoga blocks.
So I gave up; I unsubscribed to the daily emails. I knew that I wouldn't do all of the videos, and I didn't want to have more emails coming in every day to remind me that I was getting more and more behind. I'm at the point in my life now where I'm fairly happy to give up on something that doesn't work for me, rather than persist half-heartedly and become more and more disappointed in myself. It's a bit sad because I really love Adrienne. So I looked at her other videos and there is one especially for beginners that she posted a few months ago. I'll try that one today instead.