The last month seems like a crazy dream. We moved into our house nearly 4 weeks ago, and have spent barely any time there, it seems. Life goes on; we seemed to spend barely any time at home at the old place, sometimes! We were eating out of mixing bowls for the first week because we couldn't find our tableware. And I wore the same socks for about a week, too. I suppose one day I'll look back and laugh.
In my bank account now, there's an enormously large number with a minus in front of it, looming every time I log on. We gave all of our money to the Real Estate Gnome when we settled the house purchase - in my case literally all of it. I wait for the next pay day, logging on every few days to make sure I can still afford the things I need. And that number looms. It's been years since I've had to be aware of money like that. I'm not used to it anymore. It's stressful. But I suppose a lot of people live like that, so I shouldn't complain.
Moving house itself was a big effort, but it went as well as I could have expected. But then the next day when my cat died, that was something I didn't expect at all. One of the reasons Husband and I wanted to buy a house was so we could have a pet without having to hide or deceive anymore. The three of us were meant to live in that house together: that was how it was supposed to happen. I keep thinking about that. It seems like all that work and stress was for nothing now.
Then there was the whole thing where I found the lump on my neck. I won't go into that too much, just to say that it's probably nothing, just a swollen thyroid, but it's not confirmed yet. My Ulcerative Colitis has been flaring up quite badly in the last couple of weeks, too. That makes me tired and crampy. My guts feel all churned up and I have an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I won't go into all the other symptoms; they're all on Wikipedia. And I worry that I haven't seen my specialist in so long, and it makes me stressed, and that makes it worse. It all goes around in a circle.
I've had a virus too, and been feeling very tired, so my plans for
My acupuncturist suggested that I take up yoga, but all I want to do is sleep.
I feel like I'm waiting for things to become normal. I haven't had a 'normal' day yet since I moved house. And I probably won't for quite some time yet. But I'm OK with that. It takes me such a long time to get used to even small changes anyway, that it doesn't really matter. And I have the rest of my life. ...If all goes to plan, anyway and this house does turn out to be my Forever House.