It's Friday already and what have I done? Nothing, nada, zip. Surely.
I spent most of last weekend on the couch pretending to play ipod games while actually staring into space and trembling in my guts. No, technically that's not true - I dyed my hair and I did win a totally awesome Sea Knight helicopter in Pocket Planes. So, even though I didn't do any craft or art or exercise or housework, last weekend wasn't a complete dead loss.
This week however, pretty much has been a dead loss. I went for a walk at lunch time on Monday. Good. The only way I could motivate myself to leave my desk was to walk to the supermarket and look at the foodstuffs (and buy some). Perhaps not so good? At least it's something, though. I'm too ashamed to buy chocolate, so I usually buy fruit, a bread roll, sushi or some muesli bars if I'm running low. Or perhaps some gum or breath mints. They don't have a minimum limit in their self-checkout, thankfully.
Then I had a flu vaccination on Tuesday morning and I've felt like a dog's butt since then. Husband's medical issues nearly came to a head again on Tuesday - he thought he might need to have emergency surgery - he didn't, thank goodness, but that was extremely stressful until I heard the good news. I couldn't go for lunchtime walk on Wednesday or Thursday because of prior engagements. I was invited out to a work dinner on Wednesday night but didn't go because I was too tired and sore. I was hoping to do an Epic Walk of the Week Thursday (last night), but I was still too wiped out from the flu shot. Every night I've just been going home, flopping on the couch, only getting up to heat up leftovers, and then going to bed. My creative soul is wilting and other such melodramatic stuff.
tl;dr: this week sucked.
I was going to write more, but I can't be bothered.