I wanted to share something that's piqued my interest today.
I've spent most of my free time on the in the last few days surfing the blogs, looking at pretty clothes, dreaming of beautiful outfits and being sad that it all can't be mine. I couldn't possibly ... I'd look stupid, people would laugh, they wouldn't get it, I'd look like an idiot. I could never let Husband take photos of me, and certainly not post them on the internet. I'd be shot down and trolled. I just couldn't deal with all of that. If people who are half my size are too scared to put themselves out there, then I certainly never could. I'd have to lose a lot of weight before I could do that.
Wah, wah, wah.
Eventually, I get sick of myself. And my brain starts to search around for a solution.
A fashion style that I'd heard of a while back, but didn't really pay much attention to, until today: Yama Girl. Mountain Girl. She's a cousin of the forest girl. She loves to experience nature, just like her cousin, but she's more active. She walks, hikes and mountain-climbs. She needs clothes that are practical as well as stylish.
Yuri Yosumi, the original Yama Girl.
How much more fun will my walks be if I can wear a cute, colourful outfit like these? Of course, I'm not fool enough to think that I could just rock up to Katmandu and get something in my size ... will have to 'alter and make do', yadda-yadda, but I think it's doable. Luckily I have 'within normal range' size feet, and as with any fashion, the accessories will fit anyone. The clips, bottles, bags, armwarmers, etc I've seen on ebay are satisfyingly brightly-coloured.
Cute Yama Girl outfit.
In fact, I went through my wardrobe and was able to make up a semi-yama outfit with what I already have. I didn't have the courage to actually put it on, and just went for my walk in my normal walking gear, but it was fun nevertheless. I've also been looking up good bushwalking trails around about. Once Husband is recovered from his surgery, then perhaps we can go on some.
Am I finding an interest in something in life again?
Bright clothes and accessories.