05 November 2012

Today is Monday

Today is Monday, but not just any Monday! It's a public holiday tomorrow, and I always think there's a certain feeling in the air on those days. I always try to sympathise with those people who have to work on public holidays (unless they're getting paid wads of money and they're happy to work), but for the rest of us office workers, there just seems to be a relaxed feeling and a spring in the step. Especially now that the weather's getting warmer and the great Aussie tradition of barbeques and outdoor activities is starting again.

Enough waffle. What's been happening with me?

The new exercise challenge that I was talking about last week - I've set it up and it's underway! The system is fairly complicated, but that's just how I like things. In a nutshell, I give myself points for doing certain amounts of exercise, then when I build up enough, I can 'redeem' them to buy myself treats. As an extra incentive, I have a list of bonuses for special circumstances (e.g. it was raining), and other healthy activities which I normally don't do enough (e.g. drink 2L of water per day on weekends).
I decided to start the points-earning system as soon as it was set up (last Wednesday), but not get onto the points-redeeming part of it until this week. Mainly so I had a few points built up. And I've earned over 100 points already! I have to admit: I did put through a few orders for frivolous things over the weekend as a sort of 'last fling' before I start the rewards system. Now, whenever I buy something but feel guilty and think, 'eugh, I don't deserve it', then I'll know that I do!

Meanwhile....

The only other notable news is that Husband and I decided to subscribe to a home-delivered fruit and veggie box! We want to eat more F & V, but found it annoying to lug it all home from the supermarket. Recently we'd stopped making fresh juices because buying kilos of apples, carrots, etc was too inconvenient. But dang, I missed my fresh juice! And watching the food getting demolished by the hardcore juicer was so fun! You don't get a choice of what's actually in the box, but just about anything can be juiced. And we're quite good at making meals up with what we have on hand, so I'm not worried about the 'oh, what am I going to do with this?' factor.
We compared some boxes and chose a reasonably-priced one. The only drawback is that it's delivered on Wednesdays only. Which kinda sucks, because it means I won't have any fresh fruit for work until later in the week. But also good, cos we'll have fresh veggies to cook with on the weekend. We're just going to see how it goes and keep our options open.
2 sleeps til our first box comes!