Been feeling a bit off-kilter for about a week or so. Tired and tummy troubles. Normally I can tell when my colitis is flaring up, and I don't think that's what it is. Maybe it's gastro. It got so bad late last week that I had to take Friday off. Part of me thought, "that's great! I can go for a long, vigorous walk and do lots of complicated craft projects!" But of course, I was too sick and tired, so I just rested.
The other thing I've noticed in the last week or so is that my eczema has been playing up big-time. These things are kind of gross, and my first instinct is ignore them and hope they go away, but they do affect my life a lot. My eczema is on the palm of my hand, and when it's very bad, I can't do craft and even writing and typing are uncomfortable. One night last week the itching was so unbearable that I couldn't sleep - that's when I knew I needed to Take Steps. And it's been mostly better the last few days. I won't go into the details here though (I might save that for a special feature on my beauty blog).
There's also been organising of Husband's birthday and Day of the Dead celebrations to prepare for. So with all that going on, I haven't been in much of a healthy eating and exercise frame of mind. I still think a lot about my goal, it's just that I don't feel like I have much time and energy to devote to it at the moment. It just seems like something I'll pursue one day soon.
Yet still, I constantly surprise myself. At a time when I feel queasy and don't feel like eating, I'm obsessed with recipes and cooking. At a time when my eczema is flaring up and my hand hurts, I'm obsessed with making crafty things. At a time when I feel tired and lacking in energy (mentally as well as physically), I'm motivated to think about deep things. Am I wierd or what?
Hmmm.