It's been a while, but then again it's been a while since I've done anything. No actually, that's not true. I've actually been exercising nearly every day. It's just blogging that I didn't have any mojo for. But I thought I'd just check in today.
I've been going for a half-hour walk almost every day at lunch time. I didn't even make a decision to do it, I've just been doing it. I'll give you the key to my motivational secret: Get This podcast! I finally got around to asking my good friend to give me a copy of it. I've been listening to it during my walks, and made it a rule that I can't listen to it any other time. So I have plenty of motivation to walk that hopefully will last a while, with over 150 episodes. I've been feeling pretty good since I started doing that - less stiff and sore. Getting to sleep better at night. Feeling less guilty that I don't have the energy to exercise after work. At least one thing is getting done, if nothing else.
I'm having one of those times lately where everything seems to pass by in a daze, and I never do anything because it all just seems pointless. Like there are more important things I should be doing in life, but I just can't figure out what they are. Then all of a sudden it's Monday morning again and I feel like I've wasted the last week, and the last month, and .... you get the point.
It's not all doom and gloom though. I was inspired to work on one of my craft projects last week. I got a good few rows done on my filet crochet project. Then I went to the Finders Keepers craft market on Friday night. So much amazing craft and amazing cool talent. Yes, I felt overwhelmed and inadequate and a total dork in my work clothes. But I also felt inspired. Seeing all those BGIBDs (Big Girls in Beautiful Dresses) made me absolutely desperate to make a dress of my own. When I want to wear a dress, it means I'm feeling good about msyelf. Or at least, that I want to feel good about myself. I'd love nothing more to wear the dress that I bought for the wedding in Queensland. Unfortunately the tropical floral pattern isn't work-appropriate (not for where I work, anyway!). I'd love another one in a similar style in maybe a grey tweed or a navy polka dot. Unfortunately the dress was very expensive and I can't afford another one. I spent some time yesterday afternoon trawling through some sewing pattern sites to try and find something similar. I didn't have too much luck, but found some other interesting styles. But that's a story for my craft blog. =)
Meanwhile, I've been taking it easy. Too easy. I completely forgot to work on my online course over the weekend, and just realised this morning I have 3 assignments due tomorrow! Eeek! How could I have forgotten??! Thankfully they usually only take 30-45 minutes each to do (watching a video and doing a quiz), so I should get them all done tonight. This is the last week for my course and it's done and I get my certificate. If I can finish it off by 6pm tomorrow, that is!!
I feel like making a list of Things To Do. Things that will make me a better person ... and/or will make me happy. I wanna do stuff! Maybe after work. Or if I'm too tired, then next weekend.