14 September 2012

Baby Elephant Walk Check-In: Elepants 36 & 37

Today I ummed and aahed over whether I felt like hunting more elephants. I certainly wasn't up for a long trip, as I hadn't brought a change of clothes etc to work. I'm starting to feel the pressure: 15 more elephants to go and I only have a week to find them! All of the remaining ones now are too far to make it there and back at lunch time, so I decided to head out to Chinatown after work. The excitement of the bustling streets and enticing Chinese food smells didn't deter me from my mission!

I found these two lovely Malis -





Distance Walked: 2.92 km
Elephants Found: 2


They were both adorable but my favourite has to be Rusty Mali (top), which was welded all over with scrap metal parts: including spark plugs for toenails and a tap on the end of her trunk! Then, as others were choosing their restaurants or heading to their shows, I walked back to the tram stop to start a night snuggled up at home watching TV while Husband was at a bucks night. It's promising to be quietly lovely. =)

I've walked over 30 kms now in my quest to find the elephants. I'm so proud of myself! Next up will be my trip to the zoo to see the statues there, and the real animals, of course!