Posting 3 days in a row! How decadent!
Yesterday I did go to the bookshop, and I bought a whole bunch of books, and it felt good! I had to walk 3 blocks to get there and I powered up there, and lugged the books back (some of them were pretty large and heavy), so I got some exercise. 6 blocks may not seem very much to some people, and it's not much compared to what I used to be able to do, but at least it's something.
Unfortunately I can't afford to go on a shopping trip every lunch time, or I'm sure I'd exercise every day! I definitely prefer to exercise as a part of doing something else, not for its own sake. (I'm sure a lot of people probably feel the same way.) Doing things like - walking to the shops, to the cinema, playing Kinect, going round the neighbourhood with a camera, geocaching (as I used to do a lot). The only problem with that is there's a lack of variety in the type of exercise. A few times I've thought about joining a gym, but I know the enthusiasm for it would wear off sooner or later (probably sooner!) and I'd feel bad about giving up on it. See, I know myself pretty well! Not to mention they can be very expensive.
Anyway, now that I'm over my urge to buy books, I now have an urge to buy some more Asian beauty products from YesStyle, or supplies to make bag charms, or maybe some figurines to decorate my desk at work. From reading various blogs, I'm starting to develop a long list of websites to buy various things from (from beauty products to ipod accessories to Totoro merchandise!) and just the thought of buying things from them cheers me up. It's still so tempting, though!
In Other News ...
I started my Inspirational Links page on the blog. There's now a tab just under the banner where it can be accessed. It's mostly just a place to store links to blog posts that I found inspirational for various reasons. It's definitely still a work in progress, and I'll be adding to it all the time, I imagine. I'm still interested in reviewing books, too. I know it's been out for a while, but there's one called Japanese Women Don't Get Fat or Old that I'd like to read. Sounds like it's an extension of the idea behind French Women Don't Get Fat (which I thought was mostly a crock), but I'd like to see if it has any better ideas. There's also a cookbook I believe, which might be good. I love Japanese food! And it's mostly very healthy.
Now I'm just rambling for the sake of it, so I'll sign off.