) I'd been doing pretty well for the last week with my after-work cravings. Had a piece or fruit or something right before I left work if I was starting to feel a bit peckish, then nothing at home, or if anything, some lite popcorn or low-fat dip, something like that. Feeling pretty good about everything, in the main. But yesterday! It's Special Lady Time ... and the Lady Grump has come to town! (you know that special grumpiness that only ladies get at certain times?
) And when that happens, the Cravings Monster also often rears its ugly head as well. All afternoon at work, I couldn't stop thinking about what I'd buy from the supermarket after work. I had to go anyway, to buy laundry detergent. So then I was walking up and down, trying to find some snacks that would satisfy the cravings, but also be healthy enough so that I don't have Massive Guilt Syndrome. It's a tough ask!Eventually after looking at lots of options (did you know that Soy Crisps have more calories than potato chips??) I chose the VitaWeat Multigrain rice-cracker-thingys. Which are pretty healthy, though I did eat the whole packet. They seem to have less in them than normal rice crackers though, not sure. I like the multigrain ones; I think they're tasty enough to have without any toppings. Anyhoo. And choosing a sweet snack was just as torturous. After choosing several things and putting them back, I eventually went to the health food aisle. (Deep down inside I know that foods from that aisle can be just as bad as any others, but - you know!) I ended up choosing this dairy-free white chocolate. Now I look at it, it would have made more sense to choose a sugar-free chocolate, but I wasn't thinking straight at the time, was I? This chocolate still had both sugar and fat in it. I may as well have eaten a block of lard with some table sugar sprinkled on top, am-I-right?
Not to mention the colours, preservatives and wholesome Soy Grits mixed in! (To be fair, the soy grits are actually in the nut bar that I bought to eat today. But yes - soy grits!!) Then I took my snacks home and curled up in bed with my new library book and indulged! And tried not to feel too guilty about it. It's only once a month.