30 June 2011

Last Chapter

7.49am - Well, I finally finished Weight Loss for Food Lovers. The last chapter is about forming a group (he makes an analogy to a book club). Statistics show that people who meet at least once a fortnight lose more weight faster than people who don't. He suggests the meetings could be dinners in restaurants (I like that idea!): that way people can practice making healthy selections and savouring food. People could discuss the concepts in the book, as well as talking about their experiences and sharing ideas. I really liked this chapter, because he encourages discussion, even if it means disagreeing with something in the book. He also gives good tips for how to make a group work (by group he means 2 or more people).
The last section is a comprehensive chart of low-GL foods, which supports his chapter on eating low-GL. And that's all, really.
I'll do a summary in a few days.

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au