Last night I was thinking - I'm starting to think that I've back-slid a bit when it comes to nutrition. I think I'm eating not enough veges, and too many bread products. (Bread products, mmmm!). But I have no way of telling objectively. Before I started using CK, I used to record my nutrition in my food diary on a spreadsheet - i.e. so many serves of fruit, vegetables, cereals, etc every day. I found it really helpful, though I admit it was sometimes hard to stick to the recommended daily serves. CK doesn't have a facility for doing this. I could do it in a spreadsheet again - that way I could have the tables and pretty colours that I had before. The disadvantage of that is that I can't share it online. I could put a summary of the stats on my blog, but I don't want to clog up my blog with boring stats! Then again, it's my blog and I can do what I want with it! :P
I guess the reason I'm hesitant is that I might get bored with doing it every day. What if I skip a day, or a whole weekend? I'd feel bad. The other thing is - when I had the spreadsheet, I had all the extra information I needed to calculate the servings, right there on the spreadsheet. As well as the summary. As well as the food diary itself. It was very convenient. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go to back to the spreadsheet. It didn't calculate totals of calories or fat, so I had no idea if I was eating too much or exercising too little. Plus it wasn't online so there was no accountability.
So I don't know. I'll need to have a think about how to do this.
This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au