Christmas is always a high time of anxiety for me. I stress out because I think I'll lose control and eat huge amounts of food and then feel terrible afterwards. Over Christmas this year, I had 4 days in a row of going out and eating. 6 meals. Most with multiple courses and many desserts! Yes, I ate a lot. Unlike in the past though, I never ate until I felt uncomfortable. I'm proud of that. And I didn't drink until I felt sick, either, which is something I used to do quite a lot. I tried to focus less on the food and more on the people I was with. It really seemed to work!
Anyway, down to the day's business. Today has been easy, and hard. Easy because we have some leftover vegetables from last night's shindig, which I made into a salad with some baked meatballs for lunch. Hard because there's still so much chocolate and other treats lying around, just waiting for me to eat them. Boy and I finished off the caramel popcorn this morning for breakfast. That was my biggest regret! But now that I've logged on and can see the calories in everything, I feel like I'm on track. We're about to go for a walk and go to the supermarket to buy some healthy food for the rest of the week. I'm going to decide to buy before we go. Normally we try to work out what we're going to eat for the week once we get to the supermarket, and with all the noise and bustle, it doesn't really work very well! Hopefully the meal plan and shopping list on this site can help with that.
At the moment I'm downloading an exercise DVD called Core Rhythms. It seems to be a dance exercise which activates the abs without having to get down on the floor and do pilates. I'll see how it goes!
I hope to have many good things to report soon. =D
5.49pm - Feeling very tired, but went for a walk anyway. Better than nothing. Hopefully I'll feel back to normal tomorrow going back to work and going to bed at a decent time.