09 November 2016

The Last 3 Years

I've spent the last few days reading through the old entries from this blog. There were over 270 of them! And I found an even older blog hosted on another site, though those are mainly recordings of exercise I did. It was very interesting to see what was happening in my head was three to five years ago, and note whether anything has changed in the meantime. Certainly, some things in my life changed significantly:

* I've been in my own home for 3 years now, and starting to get used to the idea that this is MY house. (Well, my and Husband's anyway!)

* About two years ago, I started working in my friend's shop on Saturday mornings (occasionally all day). So for a long time I was working 5.5 to 6 days a week. I had mixed feelings about this, which I might write about at some later point. When I left my previous job (see point below), I still stayed on at my friend's shop, which meant I was technically NOT unemployed, just under-employed. I didn't need the money that badly, but it got me out of the house and helped assuage those pesky feelings of guilt.

* I left the job I was in and am now in another one, after taking 6 months off. At the time I last wrote in 2013, I really loved my job, even if it was a bit stressful, but several changes happened and it ended up being horrible, just horrible. It was a good lesson in how nothing stays the same and not to get too comfortable/complacent in your situation.

* In fact, my whole attitude to work is completely the opposite of what it was before, but I won't elaborate now as I'm currently writing a separate blog post about it.

* I unpacked and de-cluttered my whole house using the KonMari Method. I have to admit, I'm an absolute convert. We went from having approx. 90 boxes still packed to less than 10. There's still a bit of work to be done in finding places to put some things, but I'm feeling so much better about my living situation than I did a year ago.

* I started eating gluten-free about a year ago. Yes, I am officially a tool. I'm a bit embarrassed to tell people about it, because I don't want to seem like one of those people. But so many people are finding it has helped them, that I don't feel too bad. Plus, it's honestly made me feel so much better. Having Ulcerative Colitis, it's very important to keep flare-ups and irritation to a minimum, so it's worth it for my health.

* I joined Instagram. Mainly this was because there were some bloggers who were posting on there much more often than on their blogs, or moved over there entirely, and I still wanted to follow them. It opened up a whole new world of body positivity, fashion, lifestyles and people that I wouldn't have found out about otherwise.

* In August, I started my own business Thingy, which doesn't have a name yet, as that would be wayyyyy too scary. At the moment, I'm referring to it as the MASST (Making-And-Selling-Stuff-Thingy). Yes, it's actually a Thing now. Well, sort of. It doesn't have a name (...yet?). I haven't actually sold anything yet. I haven't even finished anything that I could sell yet. But I've made up a spreadsheet, and I'm totally counting that as a Step.

Those are the major things that have happened in my life in the last 3 years. A lot of major changes have happened in my head as well, but I will talk about those soon in a future post.