08 March 2013

It's Too Darned Hot

All week long there's been a wailing and gnashing of teeth in our household, especially when we check the weather forecast. I do try to be zen in hot weather and just accept the fact that I can't do much. But when it's over 30o for so many days in a row, and set to get even hotter next week.... well, it's my blog and I'll complain if I want to!

And yet I feel like baking on the weekend. I'm an odd sort of person, aren't I? For some reason I really feel like going on a picnic, and I didn't get a chance last weekend (due to a combination of being too busy, and being too hot and floppy). So then of course you need some nice food for the picnic, and I really wanted home-made sausage rolls. In past years we've had antipasto and cheeses with crackers and panini, that sort of thing. And one time curries and dahl in tiffin boxes. That was fun! But this year I feel like going more traditional. Husband offered to make pasties, and I also want to make maybe a potato salad and a garden salad. And iced tea in a flask!
Aside from that, I can't really see myself doing much. Life can resume once the weather goes below 30oC. Stay tuned??