18 September 2012

Baby Elephant Walk Check-In: Elepants 40 - 44

AKA The Great Monday Walk 2012!

On Monday I went for a great, big, long walk! I scooped up some of the elephants that are furthest away from me. I knew it would be a long slog, and I'd been dreading anticipating it for a while. I wasn't sure if I could do it all in one go, or even if I'd have the energy to do it at all. But, seeing as I'm such an awesome winner, I did it! I walked all the way up to the Royal Children's Hospital, back past Melbourne Uni, through the squares of Carlton and back into the city. I'm a total champ. It was over 6kms, and almost 2 hours (accounting for a short rest stop and admiration session at the new children's hospital building). I have created a mega-funky collage to illustrate:



The new children's hospital building has an A.Mazing 2-storey high aquarium with sharks and everything inside! I hope you never have to go there for any other reason, but do check it out if you're ever in the area!

Distance Walked: 6.59 km
Elephants Found: 5


I only have one more elephant-finding mission to go before my quest is over. (The last 6 elephants are at Federation Square / Birrarung Marr, so I'll be sweeping them all in one go.) I already feel a little sad that the challenge is nearly over. I've been trying to think of other challenges I can do to keep me motivated, but none I've come up with so far seem quite as exciting as the Baby Elephant Walk.