Today though, I'm going out to lunch for Mexican. My favourite! (Though what Boy cooked last night was yummier. Heh.) Probably the Tostada is the healthiest choice. It's got lots of lettuce and no cheese. But when I'm sitting there in the festive atmosphere, half the time I choose the nachos or that other thingy with lots of fat. The question I need to ask myself is - do I want that green box on my spreadsheet or not? Will this be enough to stop me from overindulging at all the birthday dinners I'm going to in the next few weeks?
Yesterday I started reading a book called Weight Loss for Food Lovers. The premise sounds too good to be true - you can eat whatever you like! You can even drink alcohol! And you don't need to exercise if you don't want to! We'll see how that's supposed to work. It's probably like that French Women book where you're only allowed to have one bite of most things. And the whole exercise thing - I hear conflicting reports about that. Some reports say it's just a matter of 'energy in vs. energy out', therefore exercise is very important unless you want to eat nothing but lettuce. Other reports say that exercise is good for improving health and muscle tone but doesn't really have a role in losing weight. I reckon that last argument is used a lot by people who want to rope overweight people into their diet plan by saying, "my plan is so easy, you don't even have to exercise!" So I'll be very interested to get deeper into the book and find out more what his points are.
Greens: 55%.